A? for effort???

a night of tossing and turning and at 4 am...caved...got up. Sleepy and hungry I went in to exercise and did a few minutes of weights (arms) and then went to the treadmill for 1/4 mile. Feel like I needed to do more and want to go back and try again...is being tired a good enough excuse to not exercise....I used to think so...but now I know that I will be tired no matter what and the pain (dang ankle) will be there and there will always be an excuse not to exercise....I am looking for excuses to FOLLOW THROUGH and keep moving and stop giving in to the little voices in my head they say it is ok to give into all of them. I am thinking about what goals I want to accomplish next summer and they all revolve around being able to hike and ride bikes and walk and run.....so I have to work through these pains and tired moments because when "race day" comes I might have to push through tired or pains....I am learning that all these feelings are a good thing...God gave them all to us. No one wants to feel discomfort so we all do what we can to avoid it....but when we ache after a hard work-out that is are muscles telling us we used our body and it is building strength in us. Tired is a hard one for me to work through, because my body just wants to idle and not move....I am working through it....and I am going (right now) to get back on that treadmill and make it happen!

Comments

YAY!!!! It is up!!!!

Ok what I wanted to post was that I am SO proud of you! You are busting through that ceiling. You are such a hard worker and always have been.You have NEVER been a lazy person. So for you to work harder then you already do! You deserve a BIG hug! I am proud of you. I dont know that I could keep up with all that you do.

Popular posts from this blog

Disappointment and Frustration

No Strings Attached